Fillet knife is one of the most items of the kitchen if you are in love with meat or fish fillets. Fillets knives are also known as filleting knife, and it is widely used by million people around the world. The fillet knife provides good control and aids at the time of filleting. It is a very flexible boning knife that is used to make fillets. Most of the fillet knives are 6 to 11 inches long. If you are looking best fillet knife, then this article is for you
Best fillet knife reviews
While shopping for the best fillet knife, you might get confused as there are hundreds of options available in the market. That is why; we have come up with the reviews of the best fillet knives according to the reviews of the users.
Shun DM0743 Classic Gokujo Boning And Fillet Review
- The blade core is made of the high-carbon VG-10 which is Japanese super steel popular for the edge retention.
- The blade boasts an angle of 16 degrees which means this is the sharpest knife ever.
- The Damascus styling makes some air pockets which reduces the friction of slicing.
- The blade is longer than the other fillet knives.
- The knife is sharper than the other present in the market.
- Affordable price.
- So sharp that it becomes a bit hard to work with.
Mercer Culinary Genesis 7-Inch Forged Flexible Fillet Knife Review
- Made of high carbon, no-stain German cutlery steel that can give protection against rust, corrosion, as well as discoloration
- The blade of the knife is very sharp, and the taper ground edge helps to add stability, long lasting sharpness along with easy honing.
- The knife is NSF certified which means this knife has the certification from the global provider of public health and safety-based risk management solution.
- The high stainless steel protects it from rust and makes it durable.
- The handle has easy grip, so it saves you from high heat.
- The handle is 2.75 inches long so that can be a problem if you are not a large handed person.
Global Cromova G-21 – 6 1/4 Inch, 16cm Flexible Boning Knife Review
- Lightweight and well balanced
- Blade made of vanadium stainless steel
- The handle is comfortable to hold, and it comes with lifetime warranty against defects and breakage.
- Excellent choice for those who want to professional touch in filtering.
- Neatly separates the meat and bones.
- No problem was found so far.
Schmidt Brothers Cutlery, SBOPA04, Bonded Teak 4 Inch Paring Knife Review
- Made with 100% German stainless steel
- High-quality wooden handle for absolute support
- The blade is rust and stain resistant
- The blade is high polishes
- Good quality at an affordable price.
- Ease to handle and safe to use.
- The wooden handle feels a bit rough for some users.
Victorinox Swiss Army 6 Inch Fibrox Pro Boning Knife Review
- Blade is thin, sharp and flexible.
- Handle is designed to minimize the tension of the wrist, and it provides superior grip.
- The design of the knife is stunning and made by following the safety guidelines.
- Suggested by the leading gourmet consumer magazine.
- The thin and ultra smooth blade will make any filleting super easy.
- Very reasonable compared to other filleting knives.
- No problems were detected by the users so far.
What to look before buying best fillet knife?
There are a lot of things that you need to look for while buying the best fillet knife. The top things that you should check while purchasing of a fillet knife are:
- The material of the blade. Stainless steel is best for a fillet knife.
- The flexibility of the blade.
- The handle of the fillet knife.
- The cover of the knife because it keeps the knife clean and protects the blade.
These are the top 5 best filleting knives, and customers loved using these. The price and quality of these knives are very compatible with the market. If you are looking for filtering knives to buy then considering buying these for good quality, safety, and great price.