A food steamer is a perfect product for vegetarians and vegans who retrain themselves from eating any meat food items or dishes. Vegans and vegetarians usually like food that is raw r steamed, liked steamed fruits and vegetables. Though many think steamers are modern kitchen equipment, they actually have been used for ages. You will come across a number of best food steamer reviews on the internet, but I can assure you my best food steamer Reviews To Buy online will be the most helpful among them.
Best Food Steamer Reviews
Below I have compiled and reviewed 5 of the best food steamer to buy in 2017. They have been carefully chosen, following some strict guidelines and considerations I have mentioned above. So, without any further delay, let’s move on with the best food steamer reviews.
T-fal VC1338 Balanced Living Compact 2-Tier Electric Food Steamer Review
- Comes with 2-tiers, with one containing a removable large plate.
- Has a 4-quart capacity.
- Easy to store away due to a compact size.
- A 60-minute timer with digital controls.
- A very quiet food steamer.
- A very quiet food steamer.
- Makes food steamed in it very juicy.
- One of the trays has 6 egg holders for steaming eggs.
- The water level can be seen from outside.
- Comes with a stackable tray that fits in perfectly.
- There are no compartments on the outside.
- For a steamer, it is too subtle.
Oster 5712 Electronic 2-Tier 6.1-Quart Food Steamer Review
- The LCD display comes with a 95-minute timer and also allows cooking to be delayed up to 12 hours.
- Comes with 8 egg holders for steaming eggs.
- 2.3 quart and 3.8-quart steaming bowls are included.
- A 2 tiered food steamer with a 6.1-quart capacity.
- Comes with a plastic made rice bowl.
- Comes with a see-through reservoir and external water fill system.
- The fully digital controls.
- The Unique design.
- Auto shut off option when cooking is done.
- Baskets with various sizes and capacity.
- Pretty easy to clean.
- The food steamer containers are not dishwasher safe and might crack.
- The plastic is not BPA free.
Hamilton Beach Digital Steamer Review
- Digital easy to use controls.
- Auto shut-off function.
- The keep warm setting keeps food fresh till you eat.
- Has a 2-tier design with dividers that can be removed.
- Dishwasher safe parts.
- The digital controls are easy to use.
- A versatile and unique design.
- Vegetables and meat can be steamed without any kind of hassle.
- The top shelf is removable to steam large quantity of food items.
- A very versatile food steamer.
- Not easy to clean.
- The plastic baskets are not BPA-free.
Oster 5711 Mechanical Food Steamer Review
- The 2 tiers 6.1-quart steamer is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.
- It can easily generate steam within a minute.
- Auto shut-off setting and 75-minute timer.
- The reservoir is transparent and allows you to make sure steaming is being done perfectly.
- 8 egg holders on steaming tray.
- All plastic parts are dishwasher safe.
- The water reservoir is seen- through.
- It has two removable baskets for steaming both small and large quantities of fish, shrimp, vegetables and meat items.
- Can be used to cook rice and oatmeal.
- Can be used to cook both small and large quantities of food.
- The plastic parts are not BPA-free.
- The plastic used to make it is a bit flimsy.
Cuisinart STM-1000W Cookfresh Digital Glass Steamer Review
- The water tank which can easily hold 1 liter of water.
- Food settings are pre-programmed.
- All the parts are dishwasher-friendly.
- Comes with an LCD control panel and manual dial.
- The steaming tray is 100% stainless steel.
- Simple to clean and store.
- Dishwasher-safe glass basket.
- The preset cooking programmers are very useful.
- Comes with a glass lid with a grip handle.
- A very sturdy design.
- There are no digital controls on it.
- The dial design lacks the precision of digital controls.
What to look for before buying the best food steamer
Though there are many options to choose from when in search for the best food steamer, choosing the right one becomes easier if you make some simple considerations. Some of the simple considerations to make when buying the Best food steamer are:
- Materials used:A food steamer can be made from wood, bamboo, stainless steel, plastic or aluminum. Each food steamer is priced differently due to the material it has been made from, so choose wisely according to your budget.
- The size:Always consider the size of the food steamer you are buying. Buy one according to the size of your family (number of members).
- The features:Look into the features when buying the best food steamer. Most modern food steamers will come with features like timer, digital delayed start and keep warm function.
- The steaming process:Not all steamers are convenient for all types of food items. Go for the steamer that is made just for the food item you usually prefer to have. Always consider the steaming time and water holding capacity of the food steamer.
Benefits of food steamer
- Easy to use:You will not require any cooking experience or be a chef to control a food steamer. All food steamers come with easy controls and equally easy to understand instruction guides.
- Saves energy: As a steamer can cook food quicker than a normal frying pan, it actually saves you alt of energy and time.
- Healthy food: Steamers allow you to cook healthier food as they do not require any kind of oil.
Your final decision when buying the best food steamer will purely depend on your needs and preferences for cooking. Always go for the steamer that is value for your money and also packs a lot of brilliant features in it. The best food steamer is just a few steps away if you follow my detailed guide and reviews.