A digital kitchen scale is a very important tool to have, doesn’t matter if you are baking or cooking. If your measurements are not accurate, it may lead to horrible tasting disastrous dishes. There are various kinds of digital kitchen scales available, with features or options that will help you better measure the ingredients of a dish or the dish itself. But though there are various choices, only the best kitchen scale can give you accurate measurements and are ideal for your baking and cooking needs.
Best Kitchen Scale Reviews
Here I have reviewed 5 of the best kitchen scale available in the market right now. They have been chosen based on their maximum weight capacity, features and significant functions that might be attractive to you as a user and help you better decide which digital kitchen scale to choose.
Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale Review
- The net weight can be calculated using the precision tare button.
- Can weigh up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams).
- Can instantly convert between 5 units of measurement using the automatic unit button.
- Comes with an elegantly enlarged chrome platform.
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries.
- Always accurate and consistent.
- The tare button function.
- The simple display unit.
- 2 AAA batteries are included.
- Large weighing platform.
- The display does not have a backlight, so it can’t be read easily.
- The batteries run out quickly.
Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale Multifunction Food Scale Review
- Attractive purple backlight display.
- Auto shut-off after 2 minutes of inactivity.
- The tare functions.
- Can convert units like g, ml, lb, oz very quickly.
- It has a capacity of weighing 5kg or 11-pound items.
- The attractive backlight display is easily readable.
- Slim design.
- Tare functions for easy weight conversions and always accurate.
- Easy to clean with a wiping cloth.
- The backlight is unreliable, as it shut offs after short usage of the scale.
- The backlight turns off just within seconds of use.
1byone Digital Kitchen Scale Precise Cooking Scale and Baking Scale Review
- The digital kitchen scale has low power consumption.
- Electroplating technology allows it to easily convert units like pounds (lb), ounces (oz), grams (g), milliliter (ml).
- The strain gauge is high quality, allowing the user to get accurate results.
- Comes with a unique and stylish design.
- Calibrates within seconds.
- The buttons are touch sensitive.
- Very easy to store.
- Can be cleaned up easily using a wiping cloth and some water.
- The tare function is precise.
- Consistent results always.
- The display is of low quality.
- The ink on the control buttons tends to wear off after some days of use.
EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale Review
- Perfect for home cooks who want to feed large families.
- The tare feature allows you to deduct extra weight.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries.
- Can handle the max weight of 11 lbs.
- Comes with an EatSmart calorie factor guide.
- The EatSmart Calorie factor guide is very useful.
- The tare functions.
- The 3-minute auto shut-off gives you time for preparation.
- Always comes up with accurate results.
- A very small and compact size.
- The display screen is obscured when large bowls or plates are put on the digital kitchen scale.
- After some heavy use, the display starts to fade away.
Escali Primo Digital Kitchen Scale Review
- It has a large faced LED display.
- Completely spill-proof.
- Compact size for easy carrying.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries.
- Comes in a fun pumpkin orange color.
- A very affordable digital kitchen scale
- The compact size makes it easy to carry.
- Very easy to clean.
- Comes in 11 extravagant and attractive colors.
- Completely spill-proof design.
- Made of low-quality materials, so is easily breakable if handled inappropriately.
- The latch on the battery unit breaks off.
What to Look for Before Buying the Best Kitchen Scale
Most digital kitchen scales come with various designs and features. Some will have good looks, others will provide you with good functionality. But when in search of the best Digital Kitchen Scale a few factors must be considered. Some of the most common factors are:
- The design: Features like the size of the scale, readability of the display, batteries required, auto shut-off timers and the weight of scale can set apart the best kitchen scale from the worst kitchen scale.
- Usability: The best digital kitchen scale is accurate, functional and has good weight capacity. This must be consistent and accurate.
- Easy to clean: The best kitchen scales are easy to clean and wash after use.
- Measurements: Grams, kilograms, ounces, pounds, fluid ounces, and milliliters are some of the measurements a digital kitchen scale displays. Most kitchen scales will at least measure any four of the units mentioned above.
Benefits of Best kitchen scale
- Precision: A digital kitchen scale provides you with precise measurements for any type of ingredient during baking and cooking.
- Discipline: When you weigh your food every time before eating, it creates a habit. This will in future restrain you from using more ingredients and eating more.
- Calorie counting: Digital kitchen scales help you measure accurate calories and serving sizes of a food item, rather than relying on the nutrition label on the back of the food packaging.
When in search of the best digital kitchen scale, it is better to weigh in on the options. At first, glance choosing the perfect digital kitchen scale will seem like a tiresome task. But once you follow my list of Best Kitchen Scale Reviews To Buy In 2017, the decision-making process will become much easier. Hope this list of best Digital Kitchen Scale reviews will be a useful guide for you.