We all love a tasty and nutritious Omelette/omelet. Some people prefer Spanish, chicken masala, balsamic onion or French, others love spicy Indian masala, Mediterranean, Indonesian, or African omelet, while there are those who are fond of chicken, prawn masala, German-style or cheese onion omelet. Whichever your preference, one thing is that it has to be done right. It should be tasty, nutritious and appealing. However, did you know that the type of omelet pan you use determines the end result? To guide on choosing the right accessory, we have summarized the best omelet pan reviews.
What is an Omelet Pan?
An omelet pan resembles a skillet and comes with shallow sides. It includes a long handle and is mainly designed to prepare Omelette. However, it can also be used to sauté vegetables, sear chicken or prepare scrambled eggs.
What Size is an Omelet pan?
Omelet pans come in various sizes to suit different needs and personal preferences. 7, 8, 9 and 10 inches are the most common sizes in the market. However, the 8-inch/ 20 cm pan seems to be the most popular for 2 or 3 eggs.
How to Choose the Best Omelette Pan
When searching for an omelet pan, it’s necessary to consider the following:
- Material: Some of the top materials include cast iron, stainless steel, and thick aluminum.
- Heat up Speed: A good pan heats up quickly and also distributes the heat evenly.
- Heat Retention: The best pan retains allowing the omelet to cook well without burning.
Non-stick surface, cost, ergonomics, elegance, weight and reputation are the other important factors.
Best Omelet Pan Reviews
Selecting a particular product from the many that are on offer isn’t easy. We however reviewed and identified the top 5 omelet pans.
Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch And 10-Inch Omelette Pan Review Review
- Comes in a heavy and solid bottom
- Pan constructed from premium quality aluminum
- The set comes with sloped slides and smooth edges
- Interior coated with safe and nonstick coating for good results and easy cleaning
- Stainless steel handle quadruple-riveted on the side for firm support
- Ergonomic, smooth and comfortable handle
- Heavy and stable base
- Good heat retention and distribution
- Smooth non-stick surface
- Easy to clean
- Strong and durable
- It lacks a cover /lid
- Somewhat heavy when compared to its competitors
- The pan is not suitable for induction stove
- Not designed for temperatures exceeding 500 degrees Fahrenheit
T-Fal A857S2 Specialty Nonstick Omelette Pan Review
- Crafted from strong and durable stainless steel
- Nonstick coating on its inner side
- Polished surface for easy cleaning
- Long handle screwed on its side
- Oven safe up to 350 degree Fahrenheit and dishwasher safe
- Durable and warp-free
- Solid construction and non-stick surface
- Ergonomic, comfortable and strong handle
- Dishwasher safe & easy to clean
- Good depth (1.75 inches) and shallow lip
- The larger pan is not very suitable for an egg or small portions
- Feels light especially at the beginning
- Screws attaching the handle to the pan may become loose over time
Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Omelette Pan Review
- Pan made out of hard-anodized aluminum for fast heating
- Three-layer nonstick coating on its interior
- Wide base for even heat distribution and accommodating larger volumes
- Gently sloped sides for easy tossing and turning food
- Long stainless steel handle is riveted on the pan
- Easy to toss, turn and roll food
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Long-lasting and dishwasher safe
- Easy clean nonstick coating
- Not for heavy-duty usage
- No lids/ covers are included
- A bit light
- Pan and lids are very plain
Paderno World Cuisine 10 1/4-Inch Carbon Steel Crepe Pan Review
- Pan measures 7.5 x 1.2 x 5.5 inches and weighs about 1.4 pounds
- Comes in a unique square shape
- Upper section made from premium aluminum
- Lower section constructed from stainless steel
- Inner surface is coated with Non-stick PFOA-free coating
- Even heat distribution and retention
- Unique and stylish design
- Contains no PFOA or any other toxic compound
- Good weight and size
- Durable and easy-wash nonstick surface
- Relatively small
- Cleaning the corners not very easy
- The sides are a bit deep
- Instructions not very clear
- Not suitable for round or oval shapes
Nordic Ware Italian Frittata And Omelette Pan Review
- Made from premium quality aluminum
- Comes in two parts and can prepare omelets and sauté vegetables among other uses
- The interior boasts of a nonstick coating that stops sticking of food
- The two parts are linked with a hinge while a long handle is attached to the lower section
- Well-built and sturdy
- Can handle as many as 5 eggs
- Comes with a lid
- Stylish and trendy
- Occupies small space
- Handle gets hot
- Cleaning in-between the hinges not easy
- Handle placement on top part not the best
- Not for large quantities
WHAT WE RECOMMEND
Making a tasty and nutritious omelet is what many people want. It should look amazing, smell nice, taste nice and should be easy to make. However, without the right accessory, you may end up not only preparing a raw meal but burning it as well. This is why omelet pans have become a must-have for the modern kitchen. To save you the hassle of reviewing each and every item, we took a peek at the market and in our opinion found the above pieces to be the best 5.
However, the Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan is the best-of-the-best. It consists of two pans (8, 10 inches), is built from heavy-duty stainless steel that not only heats up fast but also retains the heat. This item also comes with a thick nonstick coating that will fade or wear out much slower than the others, and also boasts of a strong, ergonomic, smooth and comfortable handle. By using the best omelet pan reviews 2017 as a guide, not only will you own a good product but are assured of delicious and inviting omelet, pancakes, sandwiches, frittata and much more.