The best slow cooker helps you cook food slowly so that each ingredient in the cooker is cooked to perfection. Though it might sound weird, for a home appliance that helps you cook slowly, a slow cooker actually saves you valuable time. Fill up the cooker during the morning, and when you come back home from work, you will be presented with a well-cooked meal. You will come across many slow cooker reviews, which might confuse you.
Best slow cooker reviews
There are various types of slow cookers available in the market, but not all of them will have features, functionality, durability, and affordability according to your needs. The following 5 best slow cookers have been chosen by me specifically keeping all these factors in mind. So, without any further ado, let’s start with the best slow cooker reviews to buy online.
Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central 6-Quart Multi-Cooker Review
- A removable 6-quart inner cooking pot which comes with Teflon coating.
- An expansive blue shaded backlit display with time and temperature settings that can be effortlessly perused.
- Combination cooking should be possible utilizing one-touch switches.
- The Cuisinart MSC-600 comes with BPA-free quality parts.
- The slow cooker is made of durable stainless steel which can handle temperatures up to 400 degrees.
- All the controls are simple to understand and read.
- All parts can be cleaned using dishwasher or hands.
- Cooking performance is top-notch.
- The Cuisinart MSC-600 is a bit costly as it is a completely programmable slow cooker.
- The lid is a bit too heavy.
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker Review
- You can program the slow cooker anywhere from 30 minutes to 20 hours using the digital countdown controls.
- The 6-quart capacity slow cooker can feed a family of 7 people.
- Has a 240-watt capacity motor.
- The locking lid is easy to use with an extra seal for less mess.
- Food can be cooked within 30 minutes, which is the fastest and industry standard time.
- The slow cooker can feed 7 people at a time, and is good for taking on picnics.
- Good for potluck dinners.
- The inserts are very spacious.
- The controls are simple to use.
- It only can cook up to 20 hours. Where other cheaper slow cookers can cook up to 24 hours.
- There is no light to signal that food is cooking.
Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker Review
- Comes with power interrupt protection technology, which keeps the slow cooker on during brief power outages.
- Can be used to roast a 6-pound chicken.
- Comes with a thermometer probe to show temperature.
- Perfect for picnics and outdoor cooking.
- The program options will let you cook difficult recipes and dishes.
- Dishwasher safe parts.
- Automatically shifts to warm mode when cooking is over.
- The controls are easy to read.
- It is a very heavy slow cooker, weighing 13.9 pounds.
- Tend to overcook food items if handled inappropriately.
Hamilton Beach 33461 Stay or Go 6-Quart Portable Slow Cooker Review
- Has the capacity of 6 quarts, for feeding at potluck parties?
- The single clip helps seal the lid to stop spills.
- Comes with 3 mode settings: High, low and keep warm.
- Can be simply cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Can be kept on any surface due to its large base or surface size.
- Comes with an owner’s manual for easy understanding.
- A very inexpensive food steamer.
- Simple to use control panel.
- The glass lid is very heavy as well as fragile.
- The keep warm setting has to be set manually.
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker Review
- The stoneware is removable.
- Has a 7-quart capacity.
- Low, high and keep warm cooking modes are available.
- A very elegant stainless-steel exterior.
- Good for makings, snacks, dips, and appetizers.
- Can be also used as a serving dish.
- Serves up to 8 people.
- Simple to clean.
- Does not come with a clip for the lid.
- There are no indicator lights.
What to Look for Before Buying the Best Slow Cooker
The two types of slow cookers that are available in the market are either basic or mechanical slow cookers or programmable slow cookers. A basic or mechanical slow cooker just comes with an on and off switch. A programmable slow cooker comes with extra features like a set-timer and cooking modes. But you will also have to take into consideration a few factors before choosing the best slow cooker for you. They are:
- The shape and size: Bulky sized slow cookers are very hard to store, so avoid buying those.
- The capacity: Household slow cookers come with the capacity of holding 1 to 8 quarts of food. 1 quart of food is more than enough for feeding one person. 5 to 6-quart capacity slow cookers are good for large family meals.
- Heat settings: Most basic slow cookers will come with one heat setting to cook food. Only programmable slow cookers have variable heat settings.
- The technical features: The technical specs of a slow cooker like power wattage, durability, construction material, functionality, and ease-of-use should be considered.
Benefits of Best Slow Cooker
- Hassle free cooking: Cooking is hassle-free in a slow cooker as prep-time is deceased. Just throw in the ingredients and you are good to go.
- Will not burst: A slow cooker will not burst from overheating, as it has built-in safety features that turn it off when cooking is done.
- Oil saver: A slow cooker consumes lesser oil than conventional cooking pots. This is due to slow cooking keeping the moisture at the top of the food being cooked.
- Fresh warm food always: You will not need to monitor the food being cooked. Most slow cookers will switch to keep warm settings after food is completely cooked.
- Low-maintenance: Slow cookers can easily be cleaned in a dishwasher or wiped clean using water and a wiping cloth.
A lot of considerations have to be looked upon when choosing the best slow cooker. I have given the review of 5 of the best slow cookers available in the market right now. This reviews should make it easier for you to buy the best slow cooker for your daily needs. A slow cooker will save you time, money and help you cook your favorite meat and vegetarian dishes. Hope your search for the best slow cooker is successful.